— Nick Bosa found himself in the news again last we

General discussions for anything about Japan or outside of Japan.
Please see our board's guidelines for topics and contents that may be deleted.
Forum rules
This forum is for general discussion so most topics, even unrelated to Japan, are ok in here. We reserve the right to delete any posts we feel do not belong here. Additional restrictions on topics and content please click the forum rules link below. If you feel a post should not be here, PM an administrator or moderator, do not start a flame war as we will likely punish both parties regardless of fault. Lets keep this a civil board with manners fit for visitors to Japan. Unapproved advertising and any kind of spamming is prohibited.

Full Forum Rules here: http://www.japantraveller.org/forum/vie ... p?f=8&t=32
panxing18

— Nick Bosa found himself in the news again last we

Post by panxing18 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:24 pm

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) ek when Zion Williamson sprained his right knee in the opening minute against North Carolina.The sight of his left shoe tearing apart and Williamson grabbing his right knee unleashed feverish debate over whether Duke’s freakish freshman forward should ever again play for Mike Krzyzewski’s Blue Devils.Many wondered if he should just turn his attention to the pros like Bosa did six months ago when he got hurt in Ohio State’s third game of the season. Instead of rehabbing for a return to the Buckeyes Jason Verrett Color Rush Jersey , Bosa began training for the combine, the draft and a career in the NFL.Bosa figures to get drafted higher than his father, John, who went 16th overall to Miami in 1987, and maybe even higher than big brother, Joey, the third overall pick by the Chargers in 2016.Williamson is the consensus top pick in the NBA draft this summer.So, Bosa was asked at the NFL scouting combine Saturday what advice he’d give Williamson, who missed his third straight game Saturday with a mild knee sprain.“I mean, just lean on the people that you love and go with your gut,” Bosa said. “I faced a pretty serious injury. I had surgery that took me out for the rest of the year, so kind of the choice was made for me.”Bosa dealt with something much more serious than Williamson did — a torn bilateral core muscle Melvin Gordon Jersey , an excruciating injury that occurs when the rectus abdominus or adductor muscles are torn off the pubic bone. Surgeons fix it by inserting a mesh cone into the tear to plug the hole formed in the muscle.“It’s literally the muscle used to breathe, to cough, to go to the bathroom,” Bosa said.Bosa got tangled up with Horned Frogs left tackle Austin Meyers on a third down pass rush on Sept. 14 in Arlington, Texas, and stayed on the turf.“I know what a serious injury is,” Bosa said. “I knew my season was in jeopardy and I had a doctor confirm that.”Bosa had gotten off to a terrific start, collecting a team-high 14 tackles, including six for loss, and four sacks when he got hurt.“It was the year that I been waiting for my whole career,” he said. “I kind of split reps my freshman and sophomore year. Coming in I was going to be the guy. … It just got torn away from me. It’s something that I’ll always think back to.”That first night was the toughest, he said.“When I got home from that TCU game I was lying in bed Uchenna Nwosu Color Rush Jersey , I could barely get up,” Bosa said. “It was one of the darkest moments of my life so far.“So, for me to just talk to my family and let them bring me up and just know that my life is still good and I still have amazing blessings and a bright future, that’s what helped me get through it.”Five days later, he underwent surgery and in mid-October, Bosa had decided he wouldn’t return.He moved in with Joey in Los Angeles and after the Chargers’ season was over, the brothers returned to their hometown of Fort Lauderdale, Florida.Bosa said he’s finally back to 100 percent and wouldn’t hold back during his testing at the combine nor skip any drills.Bosa said that while he was told the injury likely came about because of the enormous torque his body experiences playing football, he’s not worried that he’ll reinjure himself.“This is one of the injuries that once you get it fixed, it’s pretty guaranteed to be good,” Bosa said.NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah rates the 6-foot-4, 263-pounder the best player in the draft. Although he’s an inch shorter and 13 pounds lighter than his brother Jahleel Addae Color Rush Jersey , “I expect similar dominance and production at the NFL level,” Jeremiah said.“That would just mean so much to be thought of as the best player in the draft,” Bosa said.The top pick belongs to the Arizona Cardinals, who recently hired Ohio State linebackers coach Billy Davis.Joey Bosa said his brother made the right decision not to return to Ohio State: “If anyone had the opportunity to hit the lottery tomorrow, would anyone risk that? He has that opportunity. There is a difference between high draft stock and No. 1 pick in the draft.”Forget sibling rivalry , too: Bosa said his big brother wants him to do better than he did three years ago when only quarterbacks Jared Goff and Carson Wentz were drafted ahead of him.“It’s crazy that both of us are in this position so soon after each other,” the younger Bosa said.Bosa finished his college career with 29 tackles in 30 games, 17 1/2 sacks and two fumble recoveries.“I don’t have as much tape as some people, but clearly my tape was enough to get me this far,” Bosa said.While Bosa will never forget the sudden end to his college career, he’d rather think about what lies ahead.“I’m going to show it this year as a rookie,” Bosa said. “I didn’t get to show as much as I wanted at Ohio State Russell Okung Color Rush Jersey , it was very short, but I’ve got a lot of football to play in my career.” The Chargers might’ve dipped into the holiday spirits a bit early this year..."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections San Diego Chargers Daily LinksSan Diego Chargers NewsSan Diego Chargers OffseasonSan Diego Chargers HistorySan Diego Chargers HumorNFL Power Rankings Roundup:Week 17New,16commentsThe Chargers might’ve dipped into the holiday spirits a bit early this year...ByJason MichaelsDec 26, 2018, 12:42pm PSTShareTweetShareShareNFL Power Rankings Roundup:Week 17Hi everyone.It’s the Power Rankings again, here to tell you what you already know: There are about 10 good teams in the NFL, and 12 teams will be going to the playoffs. What is always interesting is to see how media outlets react to a good team winning or losing to quality opponents. The Chiefs, for instance, lost to a quality opponent two weeks ago and only dropped one average spot (while the Chargers gained about the same). This week, however, lots of top teams stumbled, and the Patriots might have found the inside track back to the top of these rankings before the regular season is done.As we found out with the Chargers Junior Seau Color Rush Jersey , it seems that they might have become a bit overconfident with their #2 ranking last week. Either that, or the holidays just beg for a little bit of extra cheer that doesn’t always translate well on the playing field.ESPN1. New Orleans Saints2. Los Angeles Rams3. Kansas City Chiefs4. Los Angeles Chargers5. Chicago Bears6. New England Patriots7. Houston Texans8. Baltimore Ravens9. Seattle Seahawks10. Indianapolis ColtsNFL.com1. New Orleans Saints2. Chicago Bears3. Los Angeles Rams4. Kansas City Chiefs5. Baltimore Ravens6. Los Angeles Chargers7. New England Patriots8. Indianapolis Colts9. Seattle Seahawks10. Houston TexansCBS Sports1. New Orleans Saints2. Los Angeles Rams3. Kansas City Chiefs4. Chicago Bears5. New England Patriots6. Baltimore Ravens7. Los Angeles Chargers8. Indianapolis Colts9. Dallas Cowboys10. Seattle SeahawksAthlon Sports1. New Orleans Saints2. Los Angeles Rams3. Chicago Bears4. Baltimore Ravens5. Los Angeles Chargers6. Seattle Seahawks7. Kansas City Chiefs 8. Houston Texans9. New England Patriots10. Indianapolis ColtsProFootball Weekly1. New Orleans Saints2. Los Angeles Rams3. Kansas City Chiefs4. Chicago Bears5. Los Angeles Chargers6. New England Patriots7. Houston Texans8. Baltimore Ravens9. Seattle Seahawks10. Dallas CowboysUSA Today1. New Orleans Saints2. Chicago Bears3. Los Angeles Rams4. Los Angeles Chargers5. Kansas City Chiefs6. Baltimore Ravens7. Indianapolis Colts8. New England Patriots 9. Seattle Seahawks10. Houston TexansNumberFire1. New Orleans Saints2. Los Angeles Rams3. Chicago Bears4.Baltimore Ravens5. Los Angeles Chargers6. Kansas City Chiefs7. Pittsburgh Steelers8. New England Patriots 9. Seattle Seahawks10. Minnesota VikingsConclusion:Well, there we have it. The media has spoken, and the Chargers are on notice. It was nice to see that they were still favored above the Chiefs in most rankings, which should be remembered as one of this year’s biggest coups. Average Ranking: 5.14Most common ranking: 5.0Drop from last week: -3.14 (that’s right, the Chargers had too much eggnog and dropped the holiday Pi)Cost for an actual Christmas goose: $5.89/lb. @ 14.52lbs. While that was a fun adventure, I’m going back to turkey next year so that I can afford to give some presents, too.Chargers ranking at this point last year: 12.2 (8-7 record)A little heavy on the eggnog, perhaps?Jason Michaels-Jason “Clark, I’d like to try to fumigate this here season, if you don’t mind. It’s a good quality item.” Michaels