The Cleveland Indiansannounced the acquisition of

Things that don't fit in other categories, news articles, general things related to Japan Travel.
(eg. Electricity, Wi-Fi, Emergencies, Customs, Events & Festivals, ...)
Forum rules
This forum is for asking or posting things that don't fit in other categories, news articles, general things related to Japan Travel.
(eg. Electricity, Wi-Fi, Emergencies, Customs, Events & Festivals, ...).

Full Forum Rules here: http://www.japantraveller.org/forum/vie ... p?f=8&t=32
liny195

The Cleveland Indiansannounced the acquisition of

Post by liny195 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:00 pm

outfielder Leonys Martinand starting pitcher Kyle Dowdy from the Detroit Tigers ahead of Tuesday's MLB non-waiver trade deadline in exchange for shortstop prospect Willi Castro.Detroit signed Martin as a free agent in December. He posted a .251/.321/.409 slash line with nine home runs and seven stolen bases across 78 appearances. He's been on the disabled list twice this season because of hamstring issues.His name was already in the rumor mill when he returned from his most recent DL stint earlier this month Ryan McMahon Jersey , and he explained his mindset about a potential trade."I've been through this," Martintold reportersJuly 20. "It's something you've got to deal with. I don't have control. All I can do is show up and be ready to play. Only God knows what the plan is. I like Detroit. I'd like to be here. But it's not up to me. We'll see what happens."He could receive an opportunity to take over as the Tribe's everyday center fielder. That said, it might end up being a platoon with Rajai Davis unless he goes on an offensive tear down the stretch.Dowdy, 25, owns a 3.77 career ERA in 72 games across four levels of the minor leagues. He'll be organizational pitching depth for Cleveland.Meanwhile, the struggling Tigers receive a prospect in Castro as they start looking toward the future in light of their 45-62 record.The 21-year-old Puerto Rico native has compiled a lackluster .653 OPS during his first season in Double-A. He finished 2017 with a .761 OPS, 19 steals and 11 homers across 123 games in the Carolina League (Single-A Advanced).MLB.comranked him as the Indians' eighth-best prospect before the trade.Ultimately B.J. Upton Jersey , the deal makes sense for both AL Central rivals.The Indians needed outfield help, and Francisco Lindor is locked in as their starting shortstop for the foreseeable future, blocking Castro's eventual path to the big leagues. On the flip side, the Tigers have faded from the playoff race and got another talented player for their system. Jonathan Daniel/Getty ImagesThe Washington Nationals placed starting pitcher Stephen Strasburg on the 10-day disabled list Thursday, retroactive to July 22, with an unspecified injury.An MRI on Strasburg's shoulder revealed no damage, and the star pitcher will visit a neurologist in Los Angeles to evaluate a potential nerve issue http://www.indiansfanproshop.com/authen ... ton-jersey , per Dan Kolko of MASN.According to MLB.com'sJamal Collier, the Nats are expected to call up Tommy Milone to start against the Miami Marlins on Thursday.Washington's decision comes on the heels of a disappointing outing for Strasburg in his most recent start.After allowing six earned runs on eight hits and two walks in 4.2 innings against the Atlanta Braves last week, Strasburg got into an argument with fellow starter Max Scherzer in the dugout.The Nationals placed Strasburg on the DL in June with right shoulder inflammation. Injuries have been a recurring problem for the three-time All-Star, with ESPN.com noting he made six trips to the DL over the past four years prior to his latest stint.Injury issues aside, Strasburg has been fairly solid in 2018. While not pitching at the standards he set over the last few seasons, he's6-7 with a 3.90 ERA and a 3.50 FIP in 14 starts.Strasburgfinished with a career-best 2.52 ERA (minimum six starts) last season.While Milone is expected to replace Strasburg for the time being, there will be additional pressure on Scherzer Jason Kipnis Jersey , Gio Gonzalez, Tanner Roark and Jeremy Hellickson to step up while Strasburg is out as well.The Nats are seven games behind the Philadelphia Phillies for the NL East lead, and they trail the Atlanta Braves by 5.5 games for the final wild-card spot in the NL.If Strasburg's DL stay is an extended one, an already difficult trek to the postseason will become even tougher for Washington.