Shepard says he knows leadership responsibility

General discussions for anything about Japan or outside of Japan.
Please see our board's guidelines for topics and contents that may be deleted.
Forum rules
This forum is for general discussion so most topics, even unrelated to Japan, are ok in here. We reserve the right to delete any posts we feel do not belong here. Additional restrictions on topics and content please click the forum rules link below. If you feel a post should not be here, PM an administrator or moderator, do not start a flame war as we will likely punish both parties regardless of fault. Lets keep this a civil board with manners fit for visitors to Japan. Unapproved advertising and any kind of spamming is prohibited.

Full Forum Rules here: http://www.japantraveller.org/forum/vie ... p?f=8&t=32
panxing18

Shepard says he knows leadership responsibility

Post by panxing18 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:42 pm

comes with new deal"As the New York Giants announced his four-year contract extension Lawrence Taylor Color Rush Jersey , Sterling Shepard said he understands the deal he signed Friday comes with responsibilities as he is now the team’s longest-tenured wide receiver.“I’m ready,” he said in a statement released by the team. “With Odell going down the last two seasons (with injuries), that time definitely helped me get a grasp of what being a leader is all about, and being that lead guy in the room. I think it prepared me for this moment. I was pretty vocal anyway. I’m a pretty vocal guy. That will be no problem.“I’m no longer a young guy. I’m a vet now. This contract says a lot, so I’m going to handle it the right way.”The 26-year-old has a year remaining on his rookie contract, meaning he is now signed for the next five seasons.“I’m just excited,” Shepard said. “An opportunity to be in such a great place for another five years, it’s a blessing. I’m looking forward to this opportunity. I’m not going to put so much weight on my shoulders. I’m just going to attack every day like I have been.”Odell Beckham Jr. is in Cleveland, but the rest of the Giants receivers room will look familiar.It will include Cody Latimer, Bennie Fowler, Corey Coleman Carl Banks Color Rush Jersey , Jawill Davis, Alonzo Russell, Brittan Golden and Russell Shepard.“We have no shortage of talent,” Shepard said. “Those guys are ballers and they can get the job done. When they’re put in that position, they’re always going to execute. I have all the trust in those guys. I feel we’re going to pick up right where we left off. The last five games were the best games we played in the season. We just have to fine-tune some little things. Once we do that, we’ll be fine.”The Giants begin Phase 1 of their offseason program on Monday. The New York Giants conclude their season Sunday at MetLife Stadium (1 p.m. ET/FOX) vs. the Dallas Cowboys. The Giants are 5-10, while the 9-6 Cowboys have already won their second NFC East title in three seasons.Below is everything you need to watch, listen to and wager on Sunday’s game.Will the Cowboys play hard with nothing to play for? Will the Giants go all out? Will this be the final game as Giants’ starter for Eli Manning? Where will the Giants end up in the draft order?We will get answers to all of these questions Sunday afternoon.Pre-game updatesBackup quarterbacks Kyle Lauletta and Alex Tanney are BOTH active today for the Giants. Lauletta hasn’t been active since going 0-for-5 in his NFL debut against the Washington Redskins in Week 14.Here is the full list of inactives for New York:WR Odell Beckham, Jr.DE Mario EdwardsTE Rhett EllisonLB Alec OgletreeWR Russell ShepardTE Garrett DickersonS Kamrin MooreCowboys expected to rest Ezekiel Elliott.Game detailsWhat: New York Giants vs. Dallas CowboysWhen: Sunday, Dec. 30Where: MetLife StadiumGame time: 1 p.m.TV: FOXAnnouncers: Kevin Burkhardt, Charles Davis Mark Bavaro Color Rush Jersey , Pam OliverRadio: SIRIUS: 111 (Dal), 94 (NYG) | XM: 385 (Dal), 230 (NYG) | Tune-In Premium; Giants Radio Network — WFAN 660-AM and 101.9-FM and local affiliates (Bob Papa, Carl Banks, Howard Cross); Giants Spanish Radio — WADO 1280-AM (Nestor Rosario, Frances Adames)Odds: Giants -6 [Odds Shark]Prediction: Odds Shark predicts a 26-18 Giants’ victoryOnline Stream: The NFL app on your phone, smart TV or gaming system with a cable login, Sling TV subscription or free 7-day trial, FuboTV subscription or free 7-day trial. CBS Sports App. Referee: Clay MartinWeather: 39 degrees at kickoff, partly cloudy [NFL Weather]